Last week, I attended meta::hack, the MetaCPAN hackathon
in Chicago. I'm the maintainer for CPAN Testers, the
central database for CPAN users to send in test reports on CPAN distributions
and one of MetaCPAN's data sources. I asked to join them so I could improve how
MetaCPAN consumes CPAN Testers data, and ensure the stability and reliability
of that consumption.
Here's a detailed log of what I was able to accomplish, and information on the
new development of CPAN Testers.
Continue reading meta::hack log...
This year, I was invited to the Perl QA Hackathon in Rugby,
UK. It was wonderful to meet all
the Perl people I'd been interacting with all this time.
My goals going into the hackathon weren't that clear: I've recently
begun adopting the CPANTesters project,
and I had to take the opportunity to talk with its former leader,
Barbie, fix some current issues, and then...
While Barbie fixed the version summaries and Metacpan
I started work on an automated deploy for
CPANTesters using Rex, which
will allow for reproducible deployments and development virtual
machines, and I began keeping track of the project and future goals in
a CPANTesters project
which should help with keeping CPANTesters going as an open community project.
I'll be making future blog posts on both of these, though I've spoken
about Rex before.
Thanks to Barbie for 10 years of CPANTesters, and special thanks to
Capside for their donation, both monetary and
avian, as they sent Oriol Soriano to
help with some CPANTesters tasks.
And finally, thanks to all the other sponsors of the
their support, we couldn't do all the work we do on the Perl ecosystem.